OT? How our brains react to music.

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 21:04:46 -0600

>Yes, tune aurally only.  Would listening to piano music confuse a machine?
>Arthur

Probably not. So what you've got with the Mozart, is either a holistic
analog subjective comparative ETD, or the endorphins. Realistically, we can
talk ourselves into, or out of, hearing what we're doing with tuning to a
greater degree than we will normally acknowledge. I can, and do, easily
ignore overhead ceiling fans and television newscasts without insipid theme
songs, but find inane conversation, running water, and anything that
clinks, crackles, or rattles difficult to get around. The degree of
detriment of the background noise to tuning is very much dependent on the
aggravation level. I would guess Barry Manilo possibly wouldn't decrease
your tuning stress level all that much.

Ron N