Mysterious but Very Nice

Alan R. Barnard mathstar@salemnet.com
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 21:58:48 -0600

Thanks Susan .... no holes, no "Grand" hype and the serial # doesn't fit =
the Heintzman ... but maybe Nordheimer 1957 (Jolly Roger suggests Lesage =
but the serial would make that 1939 and I don't think it's that =
old--although I don't really know what pianos made in the late 30's were =
like. Weren't most of them players?)=20

Alan Barnard
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Susan Kline=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 8:57 PM
  Subject: Re: Mysterious but Very Nice

  At 09:22 PM 11/22/2002 -0500, you wrote:

    Sounds like a Heintzman from Toronto. =20

  It's definitely Canadian, with those Robertson screws.=20

  If it's a Heintzman, it probably has a system in the=20
  treble where the strings go through holes individually=20
  drilled through the bearing bar. And although it isn't=20
  all that large, it may talk (in a decal inside) about=20
  being a kind of grand. Vertical grand, was that the term?=20

  But it could be another Canadian brand.=20

  Susan=20