Our beloved Newton

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 20:45:16 -0500

Friends,
         I was just talking with another friend/technician and we were
pondering the few things we knew about Newton. What a profound impact he
has had. All of us have had our lives changed by this list. What an
incredible legacy!!! It's been said that Newton and Jack Reeves started
this list. Jack's passed on and now so has Newton. I don't know who else
was involved but we all owe them a huge debt. Our professional lives have
been enriched beyond words. The amount and frequency of ideas shared can't
possibly be equaled elsewhere and this seems only one small part of what
Newton has accomplished. He could well have changed a countries musical
heritage for the next 50 years with his efforts in Piana to Havanna. His
was the first "guide" I purchased that gave me any kind of clue how to
charge for my services. There are a great many people who have contributed
greatly to my growth as a technician and as a member of the human race. A
great many of them are on this list!!! Thanks Newton. I'll always remember you.

Greg Newell
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net