graphite and Protec

Fri, 22 Nov 2002 20:02:59 +0100

Hi Sarah, Jim, and others

I have tried at least 12 different ways of going about "lubricating" the
knuckles and to date the hands down winner is Teflon powder applied with a left
over high treble hammer. I have a little teflon powder in a lid from a jar that
I dip/scrape the top of the hammer into. Teflon powder gets picked up by the
felt and then I just rub this into the knuckle. Seems like the felt of the
hammer against the leather of the knuckle is a good combination for working the
powder into the leather. Lasts longer then anything else I have tried.

Regardless of what you use, you are going to need to repeat the proceedure every
so often. Nothing lasts forever... nothing ever did.

RicB