Etiquette in the Customer's Home

Mike and Jane Spalding mjbkspal@execpc.com
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:57:14 -0600

Alan,

My favorite is the one that makes bird calls on the quarter hour.

Mike Spalding RPT

----- Original Message -----
From: Alan R. Barnard <mathstar@salemnet.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 10:18 PM
Subject: Etiquette in the Customer's Home

Situation: Customer collects clocks. Regulators. Cuckoos. Mantels. Grandmothers and Grandfathers. Novelty Clocks. All kinda clocks...tick, ticka, tickety, tickaty, bong, chime, gong, wang, ding, ticka, tick ... None in sync with any other and all slightly off from each other as they strike the quarter hours ... Bbang bbongong bbbing boonng....

Question: Would it be "rude" or, in some other way, socially unacceptable to take my 2 1/2 pound stringing sledge and start adjusting these little treasures?

Alan Barnard
Next Time I'll Check The Gas Gauge Before Driving to Cabool from Salem, MO