WAY OT : Do you have any understanding of my rights as anAmericancitizen?

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:23:13 -0700

>I'm reminded once again that our technology has made drastic changes in our
>lives within living memory, while the capacity to adjust to it may take a
>few hundred years, or even longer. What happens to people who evolved
>(uh-oh, there's another hot word) for millennia to live in small groups
>almost without artificial light, eating mainly unprocessed food which was
>in short supply for much of the year, and walking around a lot in the
>normal course of finding it ... [stop for breath] when they now have bright
>18 hour daylengths year around, drive everywhere, watch TV and listen to
>the radio constantly, are exposed to crowds of strangers all the time, and
>eat processed, dense food full of substances which didn't even exist a few
>years ago? Oh, and write and read political flames on a technical list?

Ahhh....wisdom.  It feels so different from knee-jerk emotion, from
slavery to anger and blaming the "other."

Thanks, Susan.  It would be my pleasure to meet you.

David Andersen