Etiquette in the Customer's Home

VOCE88@aol.com VOCE88@aol.com
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 06:17:18 EST

You know, we have a staff tuner, David Garnett, who BTW was a keyboard player
on Patti LaBelle's first two albums.

Anyway, he learned tuning at the Lester Piano Plant and had to do 15 tunings
(or chip-ups) per day in a room with 10 other tuners doing the same thing.
The man can do a rock solid tuning now on a piano that is 25 cents flat while
another tech. is pounding in a new set of tuning pins in the same room!

I personally think there should be a technical "boot camp" where tuning and
regulation must be performed under terrible conditions (like DURING a Rolling
Stones concert or under live fire). If this were done, a few clocks would be
no problem.

Although after experiencing work under live fire, one might be tempted to use
their service weapon on those "treasures". ;-) <A HREF="http://voce88.tripod.com/richspianopage">
</A>
Richard Galassini
Cunningham Piano Company