Wissner grands

The Gadbois-Greens gadgreen@ties2.net
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 00:25:24 -0600

I am a piano teacher, and am considering purchase of a 1914 6-foot
Wissner grand rebuilt two years ago by a PTG member, model #34070.  The
Wissner doesn't show up in Larry Fine's piano book, and I am not having
much luck with internet searches.  Can anyone tell me the reputation of
this instrument?  If rebuilt well, is it actually a good instrument, or
should I rule it out?  The asking price is $12,000.
I am not interested in investing in mediocrity:  I'm hoping to buy a
fine instrument with  richly colored tone that will last, not the
brighter Asian sounds I'm hearing on Yamaha etc.
Please advise!  I know you all do fine work.
Marie