S&S D Duplex

Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:43:12 +0100

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> Dan,
> I'm another, perhaps THE other, of those folks who think the tuned duplex
> was developed to attempt to partially [sic] compensate for soundboard
> performance deficiencies.

RicB writes

Hmm... I wonder why they would go to the trouble of bypassing soundboard
performance deficiencies, when evidently they are rather easy to address, and go
to the trouble of inventing all this about duplex ? I suppose it must be something
about marketing skill or something of this nature.

> >Dan writes : My estimates of 1 to 5
> >times are good and I will guarantee that they have proven to be true.
>
> Ron responds:You have guaranteed it, it just remains unsubstantiated and without
> useful
> detail.

RicB  wonders :
Geee... where have I heard THIS kind of thing before ?

> Ron rambles further:

> Discover for yourself that as the efficiency of your
> soundboards, and treble sustain, increases, the tuned duplexes become
> increasingly superfluous. Like hammer voicing, tuning duplexes can only
> give you what the soundboard assembly has to offer, and neither can cure
> the percussive distorted attack and short sustain of the many many killer
> octaves out there.

RicB wonders further :

And just what to you have to substantiate this claim then Ron ? I mean as long as
we are suddenly interested in substantial proof and or evidence that is.

> >Dan again in such flattering style:
> >Then your expertise, ingenuity and devotion may be worth recognizing. Until
> then, it is suspect. Don't stop
> >there. We are all interested in your progress.
> >
> >Dan Franklin

> Ron returns the compliment:

> As we are in yours. Please keep us informed on the continuing status of
> your new soundboard research endeavors. If you do it right, you'll really
> like the results, and your treble sustain times will increase dramatically.
> There's a brave new world of piano design out there for anyone interested
> in expanding their horizons. Good luck on your quest.
>
> Ron N

And they say we need politics to show how nice we can be to each other... I love
it. :)

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.