Salvaging key leads

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 06:16:20 -0500

Clyde, I'm afraid burning the leads with the keys is just what we would like
to avoid. The lead produces TOXIC gaz when burned and it melts at a not so
high temperature. So, if you want to save the planet, you will have to
manually remove the leads PRIOR to burning the keys.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Clyde Hollinger
Sent: 2002-novembre-21 05:59
To: Pianotech
Subject: Salvaging key leads

I wish I had thought of this before sending two old uprights to their
graves.  Do the rest of you do this, too?  How important is it to the
future health of the planet?  Rather than tapping them out, would it be
easier for those of us who have trash barrels to just burn the keys and
then gather up the remaining leads?

Regards,
Clyde