Help

Richard Wagner rjwag@pacifier.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 18:11:29 -0800 (PST)

Ed, the dimensions for the keytop you describe sound like those available
(individually) from Steinway for their "Piano of the Immortals" series.
I once used them to replace damaged keytops on a new Steinway grand which
had a chandellier(sp?) fall on it.
They come with the top surface pre-polished, and their dimensions are
about 1"wide  X 6"long, so you can make them fit any keystick
configuration.

If the stock is too thick, you could sand it down (from the bottom)
to match... If too thin, full size ivory wafers might be used to bolster
it (of course from the bottom again.)

My guess would be, finding a replacement keytop you can make work will be
the easy part, while finding one with matching color will be much harder.

Good Luck.

	Richard Wagner RPT