How to use an apostrophe (OT again)

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 23:42:58 +0100

Richard, what are you trying to say there ?

Thanks for transmitting, of course this is a mental process too,
concentration, sensitivity.

Listen to the tone of your 250 g weight playing a note, and try to
obtain the same tone with your fingers.

Have somebody play a note while you tune it with the hammer.

Play the note while he is tuning.

A friend of mine showed me how he tune octaves by feeling the piano
moving under his hands (very large fifths for him)A way like another
to add life to a tuning.

When I play basses notes I can feel the tone in my feet (as the
neighbors) knocking on their ceiling ! May be I could use my feet to
check the energy of the hammers for voicing !

All these imagination and concentration based tricks are good
shortcuts, when you regulate dip, or drop, or letoff, if you want to
be fast you may have a little signal in your brain that tells you "it
is there" as when you tune.

Of course all these signs are prone to errors, and you Amy be able to
check what you have, but see how the visual impaired tuners work for
regulation, they know how to decode what they hear and what they feel,
so the ultimate intention is to be very conscious of the state we are
when working.
Knowing when to stop for a coffee is the most difficult part !

I don't tell me that I don't feel things, I can feel it so I have to
find the feel and recognize it, that is often the same little move
from hearing as a beginner tuner and hearing for tone, as I am sure
you do.

That is all customers are expecting from us, a little song in our head
to remember what to do and the remaining must be done mostly on
automatic.

That gives me a good reason to enjoy repetitive things anyway .

Respectfully.

My Best .

Isaac O.