2 questions on tuning pins

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:23:16 +0100

Hello,

Makita 6951 (for 220 volts) shock screwdriver - on alternative current.
Light weight, can be used with one hand only eventually.

Regards.

Yet to find a good use of old tuning pins, but they are weights for holding
felt while cutting large pieces.
(so the piece stay in place better when I move the rule)

Bets t all.

I.O.

  -----Message d'origine-----
  De : pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]De la
part de Jon Page
  Envoye : mercredi 20 novembre 2002 16:17
  A : Pianotech
  Objet : Re: 2 questions on tuning pins

  At 09:23 AM 11/20/2002 -0500, you wrote:

    In a message dated 11/20/02 1:00:46 AM Central Standard Time,
JackHouweling@dccnet.com writes:

      Would like to know the best drill (size)for removing tuning pins?.

    A strong reverable, variable speed drill will work best. I use a
Milwaukee  1/2 horse magnum.

      What do you do with the old   pins?   Are they good for anything  or
just the garbage.

    Many years ago my partner and I tried to think of exotic uses for used
tuning pins. Things like necklaces, or ear rings, or door chimes. But we
discovered that by the time we either cleaned them ourselves, or had it
done, it was cheaper to buy new ones.

    Unless you want to use them for anchors, or ballast in the back of your
car, or if you are a pack rat who never throws anything away, the best thing
is to donate them to the local landfill.

    Wim

  recycle