Fw: 2 questions on tuning pins

Jack Houweling JackHouweling@dccnet.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 07:57:16 -0800

 Thanks for the advice. I will upgrade my 3/8" Craftsman,as it is starting
to smell.

                                                       Jack
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike and Jane Spalding" <mjbkspal@execpc.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 5:57 AM
Subject: Re: 2 questions on tuning pins

> Terry,  Jack,
>
> Perhaps the question has to do with the variaable speed drill.  My
personal weapon is a Milwaukee "Magnum Hole Shooter", a 1/2" variable speed
reversable drill with a second handle which can be mounted on either side
for right- or left-handed users.  Purchased this after burning out a
Craftsman 3/8" drill removing tuning pins.

> Several large coffee cans full of old tuning pins, placed in the trunk of
your rear wheel drive land yacht, will improve your traction in the snow.

> hope this helps,
>
> Mike Spalding RPT

tuning pins (perhaps I misunderstand question). I purchased the tuning pin
socket-type thing that goes into a drill chuck and use a variable speed hand
drill (it's nice to be able to go slow) for removing tuning pins - goes real
quick. I'm saving all my tuning pins. Maybe some day I will build a sailboat
that has concrete ballast. The tuning pins will go into the concrete to
dramatically increase density. I have also used them as center-punches. A
coffee can of them makes a great weight for gluing things (clamping) and
other weight needs.