LIST CENSORSHIP - Put it in perspective!

Tue, 19 Nov 2002 19:30:13 -0800

Actually amen means "we agree" that's why the person saying the prayer
should never say amen, only those listening.

David Love

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frances Helms" <fhelmsf@netscape.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: November 19, 2002 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: LIST CENSORSHIP - Put it in perspective!

Amen, doesn't it mean "the end"?  Hallelujah, a sound of rejoicing.  At risk
of being thrown into the fiery furnace,  my two cents are as follows...

These two terms are used in, but not restricted to religious commentary.
Descending by fifths,
Fran Helms

"Carl Meyer" <cmpiano@attbi.com> wrote:

> [...]
humor and he answered in the affirmative.

> So, if you even for a moment considered my response serious. Gotcha!
>
> The important thing to remember is that if we can't laugh at ourselves,
don't worry, someone will.

> Amen!!
>

> Carl
>
> David Love

seem to want to relegate me to the status of Rodney Dangerfield. I can get
into trouble just agreeing with someone. I don't get no respect at all.

> Since my post consisted of only three words, I'm wondering just what the
limit is. The word "and" shouldn't count since some may not know what the
meaning of the word "and" is.
> That leaves only 6 syllables. Pretty tight limit if you ask me.
>
> I'd like to bring up my pet peeve. I don't consider e-mail a problem. My
right pinky can find the delete key instinctly. Junk mail doesn't bother me
either. I have a mixed paper recycling service from the city where I live. I
hear so much complaining about those, but never hear any ranting and raving
about the junk phone calls that have me climbing out from under a grand
piano to find a computer just hung up after the second ring or a
telemarketer that insists I've won a free trip to Iraq or Haiti. I'm
beginning to think that the invention of Alexander Graham Kowalski (the
first telephone Pole) wasn't meant to be used that way. Where is big brother
when we need him? You can believe that political canvassing would be exempt
even if they did make it illegal. A couple days before the election I got a
call from Gov Gray Davis and Bill Clinton and they were taped so I couldn't
even tell them where to go.

> I saw a device a few days ago that detects a computer generated call and
sends a signal that the phone is disconected. Calls then should taper off.
Anyone used this? I think it was about 30 dollars. We shouldn't have to do
this.