Plate gilding powders?

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:40:25 -0800 (PST)

Gilding powders are nifty, but a pain. Before you use
them I suggest trying DeRusto Metallic Gold Leaf #611,
topcoated with Deft Clear Gloss, both in spray cans.
Most spray can finishes look REALLY tacky and very,
very, cheap. But after years of experimenting, I have
found this specific combination to create quite
handsome plates. Try it on some scrap metal and see
what you think.
     The Deft will initially turn a disturbing brown,
but when it dries a very nice bronze color should
emerge, with no disturbance of the metal flake in the
paint underneath.
     Thump