missing action

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:18:58 -0800 (PST)

I do not use my name because, throughout my life, I
have found that nobody ( especially the US Govt. ) can
spell it. It has been a constant source of irritation
to stand before desks and counters, repeatedly
spelling my name to oblivious personell who mess it up
nonetheless!  About three months of my life,
cumulatively, have probably been spent in his
endeavor!
     So when I entered the entertainment field, the
name had to go!  I picked "Professor Euphonious Thump
and His Terpsichoral Ten", but they couldn't even
spell that! Sheesh! So I shortened it to "Dr.Thump". I
have a great big sign on the "Thumpmobile" ( a hybrid
of Lincoln Town Car and  Ford E-100 van - an
"Econoline Continental Towncar", genetically speaking
) with a John Held Jr. character playing a grand
piano. Above reads "DR.THUMP" in huge letters.
Wherever I go, people now cry out "Hey, Dr.THUMB!!!
     I give up.
     THUMP