When is a Steinway still a Steinway..getting OT

Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:56:36 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Nossaman" <RNossaman@cox.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: November 19, 2002 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: When is a Steinway still a Steinway..getting OT

> >  I do wonder what would have
> >become of the Brambach piano if the 1930s depression had not come along.
> >
> >Del
>
> We might now be reading ads saying "There's a little Julius Bauer in every
> Brambach."
>
> Ron N

God only knows what the ads would be saying. Very little advertising has
much personal acquaintance with truth. They aren't supposed to tell the
truth--they are supposed to persuade you to buy or vote right. Those are
quite different things. They might well have added a tuned back duplex and
implicitly claimed "there is a little Steinway in every Brambach" like
everybody else.

It's just that with my limited experience with Brambach pianos they did seem
to be improving as time went by and as they gained experience. (Or warrantee
claims--take your pick.)

Del