[OT] Re: How to use an apostrophe..obviously not OT

Tue, 19 Nov 2002 20:08:32 +0100

Frances Helms wrote:

> "plump wives"  formerly known as "beautiful and formidable presence".
> Fran Helms

Yes... this is much better... I like this. Safe and guardedly flattering. You dont want to over-flatter feminists.
Calling them beautiful alone would be like opening the door for them, and we know that doenst work at all. But adding
the "formidable" is like admiring their qualities whilst they open doors for themselves. Much better.... uh.. I think
anyways.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne