How to use an apostrophe..obviously not OT

Alan R. Barnard mathstar@salemnet.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:28:45 -0600

The math lessons begin now:

Two Native American men (formerly known as "Indians") had very plump =
wives. But a third fellow had a wife who was really very heavy. In fact, =
she was so heavy that all the mats he made for her to sit on, from =
antelope and deer skins, would wear out very quickly. He decided to make =
her a mat out of something very, very tough and mail-ordered a hippo =
skin for her. How much did she weigh?

Answer: The Squaw on the Hippopotamus equals the sum of the Squaws on =
the other hides.

Now, before some Politically Correct  whacko responds, let me state the =
following:

1. "Squaw" is an actually Native American term (Massachuset, squa) and =
the term is necessary to this harmless little ha-ha
2. No actual antelope, deer, or hippopotami were injured in the telling =
of this story.
3. This is a very old ha-ha; I didn't make it up.
4. Feel free to substitute "caloricly challenged" for "plump" and  to =
substitute "looney tune" for "whacko."
5. I don't care.
6. Lighten up.

Alan Barnard
I Think A Meteorite Got Me in Salem, MO

Notice: "Looney Tune" is a registered trademark of Warner Bros. (All =
rights reserved). "Whacko" is in the public domain and may be used =
without penalty-the term derives from the Algonquin Indian word =
"hwaaqoh" which means "pin-headed, hypersensitive Looney Tune" (see =
"Looney Tune," above).

----- Original Message -----=20