Pulling Some Strings

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 07:18:54 -0600

Alan:

Make a tool.  Take two brass tubes, long enough to reach where you
need it, solder them together.  Thread the string down one tube, and
back up the other.  Leaving lots of extra wire (piano wire is cheap)
make a bend in the one end.  Now you have the string as you need it
in the piano running through this pair of tubes with LOTS of extra
wire hanging out the top end.  At the site, push the twin tubes
through, hitch the bend on the hitch pin, put a clamp on the hitch
pin to keep the wire on there, slowly pull the twin tubes out,
placing the wires around the bridge pins, then pull the twin tubes
all the way off.  Now all you have left is cutting the wires to the
approximately correct length and getting it under the pressure bar.

To keep customer relations good, wait until you are in the car and at
least a block away before you scream out your view of drop actions!!!

dave