Do I have any options.

Mon, 18 Nov 2002 23:53:11 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Wells" <frontrowaudio@hotmail.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: November 17, 2002 2:56 PM
Subject: Do I have any options.

> Does anyone happen to have parts that might fit my piano?  Is there
anything
> I can do with my piano or is it now just firewood?
>
> Thank you for you time.
> Richard Wells

Richard,

It is unlikely that you will find anybody with an action and keyset close
enough to the original that it would fit into your piano. I would suggest
that you continue trying to locate your Mr Wallace.

It would be possible to design and fit a new keyset and action stack to your
piano, but it would not be inexpensive. Depending on a lot of variables the
cost could be anywhere from about $7,500 to $10,000. The piano would have to
be in the shop of whoever is doing the work. Quite frankly, it is unlikely
that the piano would be worth this expense.

Sorry...

Del