Pulling Some Strings

Alan R. Barnard mathstar@salemnet.com
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 22:34:15 -0600

oooooooh (rhymes with "poo"). what about the problem of keeping them =
from crossing? Getting them hitched or bridged wasn't the problem, it's =
keeping them straight up and onto the pins ...

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Greg Newell=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 10:04 PM
  Subject: Re: Pulling Some Strings

  Yeah, and a brake line from the auto parts store works well too and =
only costs a couple bucks!
  Greg Newell

  At 10:31 PM 11/18/2002 -0500, you wrote:

        Al:
        Try a tool called "The Stringer" from Pianotek.  It is an =
extendable brass tube that the strings thread into, the tube then goes =
in place from the top of the piano following the space where the old =
strings came out of.  Hook the new strings that you have made into a "U" =
over the hitch pin, carefully pull the stringer off the strings, and =
voila!  They are in the proper place and cannot cross over each other or =
get out of position.  It is well worth the $40 and works great on any =
piano.  The lunch sounded great!
        Mike Kurta

      ----- Original Message -----=20