P22-T

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:10:09 -0600

Hi All,

Has anyone seen tuning instability on a P22-T (Thomaston). I have a client
who has tuned their piano faithfully since May of 98. There have been ten
tunings and I have done everything I know how to do to promote stability.

It is Damppchaser equipped with a back cover and has not been moved. The
Damppchaser has not been allowed to run dry and the pads are changed every
three months.

Today pitch correction after 13 months was between 4.4 and 35 cents. That
would be about normal--for such an instrument without a Damppchaser in my
area.

Serial # is 219446.

Any bright ideas what else I might do? (have tapped and seated everything
everywhere including coils on tuning pins)

Regards,
Don Rose, B.Mus., A.M.U.S., A.MUS., R.M.T., R.P.T. Tuner for the Center of
the Arts

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca

http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.