Toolkit Organization ?

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 22:33:52 -0500

Subject: Toolkit Organization?

Hello, another basic question from a relative newcomer:

I have only been at this for a couple of years and already have more
stuff
than I can carry in 3-4 toolcases.

Will any of you veterans share how you organize your traveling toolkits?

I would sincerely appreciate learning from your experience.  Please
reply
privately if you feel this is list-clutter.

Dave Smith

	Dave,
	List clutter? Have you seen the "clutter" on the list lately?
Your question is very refreshing.
	Any one who has seen my kit would probably disqualify me from
comment, but I promise to do better!
	A great exercise is to ask yourself when the last time you used
each item was. If you can't remember, put it in a backup case that's
left in the car.
	You will be surprised how much lighter the load will be!

	I recently purchased a storage container for my supplies and
backup tools that has worked out great. The brand is Plano and I
purchased it a Home Depot for around twenty Dollars.
      I just looked at the Plano web site and unfortunately  this
particular model was not shown, It's plastic , measures 22" by 12" By
14", and consists of stackable trays of different depths. Very well
designed, holds an incredible amount of stuff that is easy to access.
The only drawback was the two small parts bins that fit into the top
melted like a Salvador Dali painting in the summer sun!
	Maybe it's discontinued or is a Home Depot exclusive item but at
any rate gets my endorsement.
	Back to the tool case, I've purchased a collapsible luggage
carrier that I use for the long walks @ Schools or hotel parking lots.
Takes the strain off the body!
	Good luck
	Tom Driscoll