Baldwin

William J Schlipf wjstuner@juno.com
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 07:07:53 -0600

Don't know what the actual material was, but it was impregnated with
graphite.  That's what I was told 20 years ago anyway.  Bladwin used to
pay techs for replacing it and the corfam.  It lasted 10 years and then
they would only send techs the parts for free.  I got a real
embarrassment with a customer a few years ago when I learned that Baldwin
wouldn't pay me.  Had to call the customer and they wouldn't pay me
either.  To my knowledge the job never got done.  I did give the customer
the pack I got from Baldwin.  The customer thought I was trying to rob
them because of my change of story.  Oh well, that's life!  Stuff
happens, when you party naked!!