new to me?

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 22:41:13 -0500

At 10:01 PM -0500 11/14/02, J Patrick Draine wrote:
>I've seen a (very) few S&S few plates that color, some that were
>smooth and almost looked like a dark particle board texture!

It was their Centennial Year, as Roger "LeJoli" Jolly's devious twin,
Bubba points out. The damper heads got the same bronze as the plate.
We're lucky they didn't bronze the boards as well.

The crackle finish on the plates looks like some revolting skin
disease. The venerable Frank Hanson from Boston went to the trouble
of grinding this enamel finish off a D plate. It looked alot nicer,
smooth.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"There are day people and there are night people, and they will
unconsciously seek each other out so they can drive each other crazy"
     ...........AM Radio Psychologist Dr. Joy Browne