An Old Rust Becket

Alan R. Barnard mathstar@salemnet.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:21:27 -0600

Is it safe to put a drop of Protek on a rusty ol' coil? Hope so, 'cause =
I done did it.

Had a first today. Wonderfully nice old couple, wonderfully horrid old =
Cable upright. Made it work as a good-enough beater for their grandson =
to learn on. Tuned (up 120 cents to A435) despite flat hammers, old =
strings, a bit of action fixing and regulating.

Anyhow, the guy pulls out his NIkon and asks if he can take my picture =
while I'm tuning. Flash, flash, flash .... three shots. Fame at last. =
Now where's that fortune?

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO