Thoughts on Warranties (was Re: Steinway defect)

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:26:54 -0600

Hi David,

Are you saying that *not* tuning a piano causes the extreme bass tuning
pins to become loose? Interesting concept. *grin*

At 12:10 AM 11/14/02 -0600, you wrote:
>At 08:29 PM 11/13/02, Louis Verkoelen wrote:
>
>>Hi list,
>>
>>I serviced a 1997 Steinway "L" yesterday and encountered a defect. The lower
>>three tuning pins will not hold tension.
>>Here is some backround. The owner bought 3 of these in 1997 for her 3
>>houses.
>>They have never been serviced.
>

>Whoa!  Hang on a bit here.  Can you say that again?  Wow!  The pianos "have
>never been serviced" since 1997?  Wow!
>
>Now that I have your attention, I think Steinway would be well within their
>rights to void the warranty because of lack of service.

Regards,
Don Rose, B.Mus., A.M.U.S., A.MUS., R.M.T., R.P.T. Tuner for the Center of
the Arts

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca

http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.