Thoughts on Warranties (was Re: Steinway defect)

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:32:01 -0600

David,

Just a comment here.

>This is something that I have never seen discussed.  What responsibility
>does the piano owner have to maintain and service the piano to keep the
>warranty valid?

What responsibility does the dealer have for the same thing? Did he mean
that it was never even serviced before it left the store or that it was but
has never been serviced since? Did the dealer even tell the customer that
that should be done? Could make a lot of difference!

Avery