Unstable piano

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:44:52 EST

In a message dated 11/14/02 11:06:38 AM Central Standard Time,
adarpub@midrivers.com writes:

> The room serves as meeting room and dining
> room.
>
> They had been moving the piano frequently, and I encouraged them to find
> a good place and leave it there, and they complied.  That has not
> resulted in a noticeable improvement.
>
> In my experience this is unusual for a Yamaha.  I'm just wondering
> whether anyone thinks that a humidity system would improve the situation.
>
> Arlie Rauch
> Piano Technician
> Glendive, MT

Arlie

Look to see where the heating ducts are. Make sure the piano is not sitting
near one. Or how a bout the outside doors or windows? Is the piano far away
from these that the outside weather is not effecting the piano?  Also, how
close is it to the kitchen? The moisture from cooking and dishwashing will
have a dramatic effect on the stability of the piano.

If all of these are still within reason for the piano, then perhaps a climate
control system might be useful.

Wim