Unstable piano

Arlie Rauch adarpub@midrivers.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:04:55 -0700

Yamaha studio pianos are some of my favorites.  However, a nursing home
here bought one maybe three or four years ago that is horribly
unstable.  It's serial number is P22 246672.

The tuning pins actually feel pretty good, and after tuning the piano
sounds great.  But a month or so later it'll be way off again.  A Story
and Clark Classic Player in the same room and not much older actually
maintains its pitch better.  The room serves as meeting room and dining
room.

They had been moving the piano frequently, and I encouraged them to find
a good place and leave it there, and they complied.  That has not
resulted in a noticeable improvement.

In my experience this is unusual for a Yamaha.  I'm just wondering
whether anyone thinks that a humidity system would improve the situation.

Arlie Rauch
Piano Technician
Glendive, MT

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...