Mentoring

Arlie Rauch adarpub@midrivers.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:57:48 -0700

A high school senior recently approached me about learning to tune
pianos.  He is an all-around good musician.  This week with my
supervision he tuned his mother's old upright.  He got a good taste of
what it's all about and is enthusiastic about going further.

After graduation, he will be going on to further education in the St.
Paul, MN, area.  I was wondering if there might be a PTG chapter, or the
like, that would welcome someone like him to their meetings so he could
get good input while still in school.

If you wish to discuss this on the list, that's fine.  Otherwise,
private posts would be welcome.

Arlie Rauch
Piano Technician
Glendive, MT