No Glide Bolts

Kdivad@aol.com Kdivad@aol.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:55:14 EST

In a message dated 11/14/02 1:43:43 AM Central Standard Time,
Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:

> Kdivad@aol.com wrote:
> >> Good description, I like to level my keys with the glide bolts up (not
>> touching) and then bring down to  keep the knocks out.  My point is a rail
>> that is designed for glides is different than one that isn't.
>

> How so ?

They are supposed to be bedded to the keybed their entire length not just at
4 or 5 glides points.

> >> I would rather have my balance rail touching the keybed more than less.
>

> I thought that was basically the idea regardless.

Thats the difference between glides and no glides, my point is why install
glides as they equal less contact between the rail and keybed?

David Koelzer
Vintage Pianos
DFW