Thoughts on Warranties (was Re: Steinway defect)

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:41:09 EST

Terry writes:

>I tuned a Yamaha C5 a while back. 300-cent pitch raise. First service since
>purchased new in 1975. The guy composed country music!

  Any you tuned it??!!!!  Just when he was getting it seasoned for a good
country song??  Gee, you may have ruined a career, there !

>>When the customer blows  off service like this, it is like driving 50,000
miles and never changing
>> the oil in the Lexus or Porsche.

>Have to disagree with this analogy. 50,000 miles without an oil change
>WILL cause excessive wear on internal engine components. How in the world
>will lack of tuning and voicing negatively affect (or cause) a loose tuning
>pin? I see no relation. This is a defect. (IMHO.)

I agree.  Lack of tuning shouldn't damage anything in the pinblock.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT