dope in the new?

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:37:22 EST

Greetings,
   Several months ago, I read a Steinway recommended procedure for their new
hammers.  It began with a complete soaking of the hammer with  a 3:1 mix of
lacquer. From there, it proceded to describe how to add more where needed.
  I am now looking at a couple of sets of Steinway hammers, in the boxes here
in the shop.  By feel, they seem pretty stiff, compared to previous sets.  I
am   wondering if the replacement sets are "pre-doped"???  Anybody know for
sure?
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT