No Glide Bolts

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:55:17 -0600

Hi Ric,
             The note adjacent to the glide bolt, will be very rigid on a
forte blow, hence most of the energy gets to the hammer and shank.   Mid
distance between the bolts,   the rail will flex a little, therefore there
will be a difference in energy transfer.

Years ago, the action makers selected very high grade, quarter sawn maple
for the rails, so very little bedding was needed after the initial set up.

The Heintzman company never used glides for eons.  I have never found one
that needed bedding. The actions are quieter, and when set up correctly,
are very responsive.

Regards Roger