Suggestions warmly welcomed..

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 14:40:54 -0600

Phil:

In Texas, Small Claims Court is a pretty simple and inexpensive
procedure.  If he chooses to pay, great.  If he goes to court, you
have to be there to present your case, but it's not that hard.

I've only done that once and it wasn't a business thing.  A man ran
into my 2 week old car, said he had no insurance, and was not about
to pay.  I just took it straight to Small Claims Court without any
further communication and got my money.

Do try to get a handle on the anger part.  It's not hurting him, and
probably is you.  That kind of anger is usually a pretty
self-destructive thing.

dave