biz cards

Tom Dickson td_tuner@hotmail.com
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 22:40:36 +0000

Hi, Folks,

   Sorry about two previous incomplete posts - you know the old story: I hit
the wrong button!

   The discussion about business cards interested me, so I thought I would
"chime in".

   One of the recurring themes on this list is profesionalism, and another
is valuing our time and what we do.

   I know what it is like to start a business and operate on a shoe string.
So, please do not take offence to what I am going to say.

   First off, if we are going to present ourselves professionally, then I
think that our advertising, be it business cards, pens, stationery, etc.,
needs to be top-notch.  If one shops around, one can find some good deals
for things like business cards.  I recently purchased some new cards at
Staples, and 1000 cards cost me less than half a tuning fee.

   Secondly, "what's your time worth?" comes up on this list a lot.  With
all of the fiddling around with printers, cutting paper, sanding edges, and
so on, how much have these cards cost in regard to the value of one's time?
Perhaps making calls, networking, etc., would be a better use of time.

   I applaud the ingenuity and inventiveness of printing your own cards.
But, what's the real business cost?

   Just something to consider.

Sincerely,
Tom Dickson,