tornadoes

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 17:27:53 EST

In a message dated 11/11/02 1:39:11 PM Central Standard Time,
sckline@attbi.com writes:

> CNN is full of disaster coverage because of the east coast tornadoes.
>
> Just sending a thought to those of us in the area, hoping that you're
> all right.
>
> Susan

Thanks, Susan.

I was watching HBO last night and at 10 o'clock switched to watch the news.
Outside the wind was blowing a little, and it looked like rain, and I could
hear thunder in the distance. But didn't' think much about it. Just as I
turned on the news the weatherman said a tornado was spotted in a community
only 5 miles west of my house. Obviously I took notice. Fortunately, nothing
happened, and all I got was a a heavy rain storm for 10 minutes.

But Carbon Hill, AL, about 50 miles north of me, did get hit hard last night.
The grade school is destroyed and at least 10 people have died.

Wim