biz cards

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 14:08:46 -0600

>Hey List,
>
>I am thinking of making my own biz cards.  I have used the Home Office the
>last few times and the cards are fine, but I'm
>thinking of a little more creativity.  I'm looking at Avery stock and have
>a color ink jet.  Anyone do this?

I have, either trying out a new layout, or for temporary cards until the
printer comes through.

>Do they look like
>biz cards, i.e. feel the same?

Sure, unless you're wanting thermography or something different in card
stock than will go through your ink jet. Thin paper backed veneer sheets
make cool looking cards. You can be anyone you like for a few minutes' time
and a little ink. It's not an awfully cost effective way of producing cards
in bulk though. Ink jet printers are increasingly moving toward the old
Gillette marketing model. Give away the razor and sell the blades high. You
can almost buy a new printer for what ink refills cost. Use the ink jet for
design prospecting and recreational fraud, and find a local printer for
those 1,000 runs.

>Do I have too much time on my hands?

Not for long.

Ron N