Newbie question: Are bridle straps necessary?

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:42:14 -0500

Jeff,

>From a service standpoint, the main reason I want the bridle straps to be
intact is that some actions are quite a pain to get back in after removing
them, if a number of the straps are torn.  This can wreak havoc on the day's
schedule, if I need to replace a set at the drop of a hat because the action
suddenly has to be removed for some reason (torn string maybe?).

Since it's your own piano, a problem that may pop up because the bridle straps
are torn isn't likely to be time-critical for you.  But if you're going to
keep the piano for any length of time, why not replace them all and be done
with it?  It only takes an hour if you have the proper tool, which is
inexpensive.

Regards,
Clyde