Newbie question: Are bridle straps necessary? and more

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 22:47:50 +0100

Hi,

Worn buts and not enough dip, but often more play at the key is
necessary.
It may be checked that the hammer is able to "drop" after letoff.

So on any muffler piano the letoff is yet the size of the mufler, and
on other verticals it may be necessary to have the letoff larger than
minimal.

A very good check of the letoff/checking (dip) balance is to play,
when the action is well balanced the tone is optimum. You can notice
that checking farther of the strings allow for more strenght in the
tone. then I check the repetition playing staccatto faster & faster.

Tightening the straps means no less than 1.5 mm play of the jack under
the but, on keyboards that are leaded towards the front, you can't
tighten the strap much, as when the left pedal is depressed the keys
will go lower ,cause the whippen don't push on them then. Customers
don't like this effect generally.

Voicing make repetition work better too.

Just a few normal ideas

Regards.

Isaac OLEG Z