Squeeky jack spring??!

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 12:30:45 -0800

Jon,
Are you sure it's not the knuckles squeaking?  If so, try some
micro-fine Teflon powder.
Good luck,

jeannie
Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Associate Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of jonnyv
Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2002 11:49 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Squeeky jack spring??!

Help! Please! I've a customer with a newer Kawaii grand with wood
whippens and black plastic jacks. She has noticed (I confess I can
barely, and never would have heard it) a slight rubbing sort of sound
when a couple of keys are played very softly and slowly. Looks/sounds to
me like sound occurs when jack is activated. I notice that jack spring
on her piano goes into a hole in the jack which appears to be a looser
fit than my older Kawaii with wooden jacks, I've tried a tiny drop of
clp lube in spring hole on jack and on jack centerpin with no result.
I'm pretty sure sound is coming from jack area, Anyone have a similar
experience?! What do I do?  Thanks in advance for all advice!!   Jon