Chickering 1/4 Grand Action Rebuild

Robin Hufford hufford1@airmail.net
Sat, 09 Nov 2002 01:42:45 -0800

The ones I have rebuilt I have had no trouble with.  Where I retained some of the
brass flanges, I heated them in an attempt to decrease there brittleness.  Since
then, somewhere, I have read someone's analysis as to why this may not work,
although I can't recall the argument or person.  However, I have had no problem
with the brass flanges that have been heated, those used either on the grands, or
the uprights.  Regards, Robin Hufford