Peabody Position

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 19:24:23 -0600

From: "Scott Thile" <scott.thile@murraystate.edu>
Date: Fri Nov 8, 2002  2:11:06  PM US/Central
To: <caut@ptg.org>
Subject: Peabody Position
Technicians <caut@ptg.org>

Hello fellow CAUTs,

I just received this position announcement from Mary Schwendeman of
Peabody
Institute who asked that I post it to the list:
------------------------------
PIANO TECHNICIAN

THE PEABODY INSTITUTE OF THE JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY

The Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University, in Baltimore,
Maryland, is seeking a full time piano technician to assist the Chief
Piano
Technician in the care of 180+ pianos.Responsibilities include : tuning,
including concert level tunings,voicing, servicing, regulating,
repairing,
rebuilding, stringing & cleaning of pianos. Will supervise the moving of
pianos both within and external to Peabody. Schedule work assignments
and
give instructional training to graduate assistants to the department.

Candidates must posess 3-5 years experience working in the field and /
or a
graduate from a technical school. Must be able to demonstrate complete
knowledge of the interior working parts of the piano and the skill to
analyze problems, do repairs, tune quickly and accurately at a concert
level. Advanced skills in action regulation, rebuilding and voicing are
strongly preferred. Evening and weekend hours will be required during
the
performance season.

Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Mary Schwendeman –
Peabody
Institute of JHU- 1 East Mount Vernon Place – Baltimore, MD 21202  or
call :
443-310-6186.  We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit
package
which includes the Johns Hopkins University tuition remission benefit
in a
smoke free / drug free environment.
EOE / AA