Dampp Chaser AND Government Work

Alan R. Barnard mathstar@salemnet.com
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 22:22:52 -0600

Hey LIST, hey Joe (and a note to Wim B)  ...

Hoorah, hooray. They want to put DC systems in a buncha pianos at the =
Fort. There IS a Santa Claus. There WILL be a Christmas, after all! We =
are talking 9 installed systems here.

Oh sorry, got a little carried away ... just following up on my comment =
that some government business is definitely worth doing.

Wim ... had a key that wouldn't reset on soft or medium blows despite =
all adjustments to wippen height, let-off, etc. Then I noticed the jack =
center pin peeking out on one side! In go the needlenose pliers, squeeze =
go the needlenose pliers, pin centered, key resets every time ... and =
you, Sir, have justified your whole existence! It was the end of a very =
long and tiring day and I needed to get outa there. Thanks for that tip.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: BobRussellpiano@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 9:16 PM
  Subject: Re: Dampp Chaser

  Hello Terry, I'm in agreement with most of your statement. One issue I =
would like to address is what is an appropriate piano to put a system =
in? When I'm selling a system for a piano I'm recommending it for =
several reasons; To protect the piano from damage, to provide tuning =
stability, to provide consistent pitch and tone so the pianist can train =
their ear, to protect my reputation concerning tuning stability, to =
increase the pianist's enjoyment and playing time on the piano. My point =
is that the Dampchaser system is an investment in the pianist as much as =
it is the piano. The condition of the piano should be the main =
consideration, not the value. How can you put a value on a 5 year old =
child starting lessons?=20

  Bob Russell RPT=20