Ellington piano

Thu, 7 Nov 2002 21:52:25 -0500

On Thu, 07 Nov 2002 18:35:30 -0600 Duaine Hechler <dahechler@mlc.net>
writes:
> >>List,
> >>
> >>I recently visited an antique shop and found a piano called
> "Ellington".
> >>I really don't know the true condition since stuff was piled in
> front of
> >>it or the serial number.
> >>
> >>From the outside, the case looks in good condition and most of the
>
> >>keytops look good.
> >>
> >>I know this is a wide-open question, but does anyone think this
> piano
> >>would be worth pursuing as a rebuild ?
> >>
> >>Thanks for any advise,
> >>Duaine

Hi Duaine -

As others have pointed out, the piano will have to be looked at to
determine its condition, but I can say that I service two Ellington
uprights and they are both quite good.  Particularly full bass, and
well-constructed.  I was of the impression that they were a Baldwin
product from the early 1900's.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com