Follow-up tight Steinway action centers

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 16:23:13 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of A440A@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 4:19 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Follow-up tight Steinway action centers

 Tom writes:

>            P.S. Kent thought the reports of very loose centers after
>the alc treatment could be caused by too much water in the mix. Again
he
>suggested 5% water to Alcohol

    As per factory suggestion, I used pure alcohol on the one set that I

tried, (Pharmacy obtained methanol).  I let them sit for a full day
before I
touched the action again.   It loosened all of them up, but there were
many,
many, that were way too loose.
    I have since resorted to pinning for this problem, and on balance,
spend
less time and get more consistant results.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT
/Ed,
	I guess we are on the same page here as to the repin vs. alc
water.
	Thanks to you and all for your earlier posts
	Tom Driscoll