Drop

Phil Bondi tito@philbondi.com
Mon, 04 Nov 2002 18:03:20 -0500

Bradley, as a former player learning to work with real players, I tend to
lean towards feel more than any measurement can give me.

If you can cheat a little towards more drop equaling a better feel of
aftertouch, my suggestion is to go for it. The player/s will recognize this,
hopefully, as better control.

One of my favorite tricks is to lessen the blow distance. This brings into
play a whole ball of wax factors with regulation that all adds up to better
control for the player. I've been doing this for 5 years now with zero/nada
complaints of lost power. I realize this doesn't fly with a more
conventional way of doing things, but I've never been accused of being
conventional.

Real players know how to create power. It's our job, in my opinion, to give
them control.

Good luck with this.

just my humble rook opinion,

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)